Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He keeps me in stitches....

Psalm 139: 13-16

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

I love to crochet. I've been taught a simple chain a couple of times years ago but never really kicked it in gear until recently. Now, I've been having a ton of fun with it. New projects. Something to "do" while I'm watching TV in the evenings so I don't feel so "useless". When I'm not home crocheting or putting together pieces, I'm at work, taking people apart and helping to put them back together again. Just a perk of working for a surgeon. I never ceased to be amazed by the wonders and miracles that had to be involved with creating our bodies. All the intricate details. It's not just organs and glands and bones... it's connective tissues that overly each item, multiple layers, suspending them in place against gravity, against the mess we put our bodies through. The "spark" that starts our heart. There is no "reason" for it, it just "starts", all on it's own. God knew how we would develop. He put every piece in place. He wrote the code for our DNA. So why do we ever doubt him?

I was reading blogs when I found a great cause today. It's the Special Olympics Scarf Project. I'm excited about this one. I think I'm going to spend the next couple of months working on some very special scarves and send them out there... if you are into crochet (or even knit), please send me a picture of some of your work! I'm totally interested. Hope you join me in the Special Olympics Scarf Project!!

No comments: