Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stating the obvious

I haven't blogged here in a few weeks now. Sorry about that. I've been lazy. In many ways, and very busy in others. We recently took a vacation which took a lot of work at home (packing, laundry, etc) and a lot of work professionally (finishing up charts, seeing an inflated volume of patients before we left, etc). It also meant we got a lot of time to relax... a 3 hour plane ride and 4 days in Mexico. Unfortunately, I left my "little Bible" in my car by accident. When I got to Mexico, there was a new testament bible in the night stand, but it was in Spanish! So, I've had a week away from my Bible and since I have gotten back, I've been so busy "catching up" that I honestly have only been reading one day.

I was praying in the car one morning on the way to work and I was like, "God, you feel so distant right now"... then I realized the obvious.. when was the last time I really spent time with him? When I truly read the word, truly looked for him... it's been about 10 days now since I spent legitimate time with him and not "selfish time" (like, I've got 10 minutes to read this, then I'm gonna snooze for 15 minutes before I get ready for work).

So, for those of you who follow the blog, I'm sorry I've been out so long. I'm working on my daily structures/discipline and I will try to do better!! :D Oh, and by the way, for more information on our recent trip, click here to see vacation pics.

No comments: