Thursday, May 28, 2009

This is just a recipe contest, but heck, it's $25!

Hey guys, I know this is not really a relevant post on spirituality or Christianity, but you know what, it is a post about the truths in life.  And the truth of it is, I could really use $25 right now in gift card form from Target for a lot of things, so here's the post. 

My friend Julie recently saw on a blog she follows a recipe contest.  All I have to do it post a recipe here and link it to Kelly Moore's site.  That's it.  If she likes it, she mails me a gift certificate! I'm excited!  So, sorry if you're annoyed by this one. I promise I'll make a relevant post soon.... maybe even a Recipe for Truth or something....

Robbie's Favorite Pork Ribs

1 pkg Country Style Pork Ribs (I get the ones that are on sale)
1-1.5 cups ketchup
1 small bottle of BBQ sauce ( I usually just use craft light original)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (you can put more to make the sauce more liquidy)
1/4 cup brown sugar (or less depending on taste)
1-2 tsp butter
ground black pepper (to taste)
coursely ground salt (to taste)
peppercorn grinder (to taste)

Okay, so you take everything but the ribs and stir it together in a pot until it has melded well. I usually start it over medium high heat, then turn it to med or med-low for about 15 minutes.  In the meantime, get out your crockpot.  Put the ribs in there and sprinkle with salt, pepper and some peppercorns.  Pour the sauce you just made over the ribs (usually covers them for the most part).  Turn on LOW for about 7-8 hours or HIGH for 2 hours AND then LOW for another 3 hours. They are done when they are falling off the bone.  

I love this recipe for Sundays because I can start the sauce/crockpot right after church (I go to the early service and I'm home by 10:10a.m.) and then they are ready to eat by 7:30 dinner time, or I can start them before church and they're done by 6 or so.  Goes well with lots of things!! And my husband ALWAYs wants them.  This past Sunday for instance, he said, "What, no ribs for dinner?"  Now he expects them.  Oh well. I'm sure I"ll have more recipes in the future. This has been fun!



No comments: