Sunday, June 1, 2008

do unto others

Welcome to the first blog of a new blog spot. I've been a blogger for a while with my personal site for keeping my family posted on us, but I've had an epiphany and I want to see what comes of it. What brought on the epiphany? "The Whole Ten Yards". If you've never seen it, I totally recommend both The Whole Nine Yards and The Whole Ten Yards watched in succession. Sure, there is some language and some nudity, but it's still funny.

Bruce Willis' character is so funny in the second one. He's a contract killer who is having a mid-life crisis. He somehow has always had a warped sense of "morality". In the process, he tells another character, "Oz, do unto others or you'll turn into a pillar of salt!" Now, at this, I'm laughing inside and out, LOUDLY! But then it got me thinking. There are so many people out there who are searching, who want to know but don't know what they are looking for. Who think that if you don't do unto others, you'll turn into a pillar of salt because they don't know the love of a savior.

What has kept them from this love? Is it generational? Parents and/or grandparents who were isolated from God by religious tradition and personal piety, hypocrisy? Is it rebellion? Choosing to do as they please. Is it pride or self-worship? "I can make it on my own, there is no God." Is is tolerance? Everything is "okay" or can be "justified", why do we need God? Is it pure ignorance? They've truly never heard the Word of God and had no way of knowing what is out there.

So, I've decided to blog. What in the world can come of a blog? Well, Lord only knows. I hope that I can be used to write interesting blogs that illuminate some Truth. Am I perfect, heck no! Am I a minister? Heck no!! But, I am a member of the kingdom of God and since I have been saved by grace, I owe God, big time. So, here goes.

Father, I trust you that your word will not return to you void/empty. You will use these words as you desire, to fulfill your purpose. Thank you for an opportunity to share your love with others. Amen (so be it).

No comments: